MM/4433 MFL Programme PS
Our Academy Forum training course continues to provide members with up to date and relevant information, allowing us to continue to provide excellent service and advice in the sector.
09.00 – Registration
09.45 – Welcome & Announce Academies Market Share
09.55 - Accounting and Audit Update – Peter Herbert
Peter’s update will provide a practical insight into a range of accounting and regularity issues affecting academies and how to successfully navigate through them.
Key changes in the 2021-22 Academies Accounts Direction
- Lessons learned from the last 12 months – and what they mean for the 2022 reporting season
- The 2021-22 Academies Financial Handbook – its implications for 2022-year end audits
- Latest feedback from the Education & Skills Funding Agency.
11:00 – Break
11:20 – Pensions accounting update (LGPS) – Adrian Loughlin, Hymans Robertson
The session will provide a pension update for LGPS employers, including:
FRS102 assumptions - methodology and impact
- Outlook for 31 August 2022 yearend – indicative results commentary for the average employer based on current markets: and
- Audit hot topics - including insight and impact of recent and ongoing legal cases.
12:00 – Session to be confirmed (ESFA update or a MAT on GAG Pooling)
12:45 – Lunch
13:30 – Peter Herbert continued
14:30 – VAT for Academies – Terri Bruce VAT Partner at Dains
Terri will run through the basics of academy VAT and VAT126 returns with the remainder of the session covering the following points.
Does a Trust need to register for VAT covering taxable treatment of different income streams, (particularly staff being used in other academies and maintained schools and this being re-charged)
- Outcomes of any VAT investigations seen in academies
- VAT and agency arrangements
- VAT treatment of income from sports facilities and the quirks around this
- VAT treatment on property.
15:20 – Break
15:30 – Discussion Groups
16:20 – Discussion Groups Feedback
16:30 – Close
Back to events