Brexit Forum - Information & Insights 12 May 2017
The UK Government has said that it will trigger Article 50 during March 2017. The Prime Minister famously said ‘Brexit means Brexit’ and it is fast moving from rhetoric to reality. But what does this mean for chartered accountants and law firms in the UK and further afield?
The UK200Group, in association with IAPA, is staging its second Brexit Forum on the 12 May 2017 in London. The purpose is to help prepare UK200Group and IAPA members for a World where the UK is no longer in the EU. This raises questions about a range of issues including, for example, trade, taxation and immigration. All of which will affect our members and their clients in some way. We are therefore taking a lead to make sure our members are as informed as possible, as early as possible.
You should attend this event if you have an interest in:
1. The impact of Brexit on your firm and clients
2. Developing national and international partnerships
3. Adopting a proactive approach to Brexit
4. Business development with an emphasis on trade.
During the event you will:
1. Receive and discuss the results of the latest UK200Group Brexit Survey
2. Hear perspectives from leading international accountancy and law firms
3. Share your experiences, hopes and fears about Brexit
4. Contribute to the development of an action plan to support your firm and client groups
5. Network with like-minded professionals.
Beyond the Brexit Forum, we have arranged a walking tour of some of London’s most famous landmarks followed by dinner in the evening. This will give you time to meet colleagues from around the UK and beyond.
Partners in member firms of the UK200Group and/or IAPA are welcome to attend this event. However place are limited so you need to book early to avoid disappointment. Once Article 50 has been announced we will confirm the programme. However, you can access our draft agenda by clicking here.
Download Agenda and registration details
To complete the Brexit Survey, see boxes above.